Hepatitis A and severe jaundice thanks to Subways Hygene
I happen to be under the common impression that Subway is healthy and hygienic. I was frequently the boat basin outlet (Karachi, Pakistan) that is open 24/7 on a regular basis. One occasion the guy who was going to make my sandwich picked his nose in front of me. When I asked him to wash his hands, he apologized and did wash them. I let it slide. Then there was the insect killer that didnt really work and flies buzzed in the outlet. When on two occasions, I had to discard a drink and sub the flies sat on them, I decided to call the server and politely complained hoping it would be resolved. The owner happens to be Mr. Tariq Salim Karim who visits regularly, but takes no notice of the flies or the dirty washroom. He also owns another 12 outlets in Karachi, Pakistan and Im told he is a Development Agent for South Pakistan as well.
On my next visit nothing had changed, so I took snaps of the flies, dead and alive and emailed him complaining. The guy at the counter that day decided he needed to clip his nails, so I asked Tariq in the email to check the camera feed. As I was done uploading pics, a big cockroach happened to come of the kitchen. Two days later, I had Hepatitis A and severe jaundice and ended up in the Hospital for 2 weeks, and it was very painful.
Below is the email I sent to Mr. Tariq on March 31 to which he didnt even bother replying :
Could you kindly have a few more or bigger insect killers installed at your Subway Store Id : 39526. The constant buzzing flies destroy an otherwise great experience at the outlet. I have had to discard a drink one occasion and a 6 inch sub on another because the flies would contaminate the edibles. I lodged a complaint 3 days ago, on the suggestions card, and also notified one of your employees to request that you install more insect killers. The current one has only one functional tubelight. I'm attaching pics I just took so gives you an idea.
I just saw a Cockroach crawl out of your kitchen, will send you that pic too if I can now find the critter under my table. A little repulsed now.
Someone is clipping their nails behind the counter. I think you should have some of them go through a crash coarse in hygene. Have a look at your camera feed if you can at 7.41pm today.
P.S. Please have the person who cleans the washroom not handle food right after. I dont see them washing their hands after handling the mops.
I have a bad experience in Islamabad at Subway as well where one of the guys decided to blow his nose into a tissue, then wipe the tissue on the wash basin. A friend threatened to complain unless he washed the sink, and used disinfectant. I have a feeling they just hire anyone regardless of their hygiene habits. I for one no longer want to eat outside after this.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Fast Food
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This is the first and so far only Subway I've been to that cuts the already cut vegetables before putting them on your sandwich. I was floored! Times are hard..."
- " The pizza looked old. It was room temperature, which is Not rare at this location, when it arrived. When my toddler spit it out, I tried it and no..."
- " Went to subway to have lunch could've had a steak dinner just making people aware that they're overcharging people and I don't have five dollar subs anymore . ..."
- "I am re-writing the complaint and attaching the required documents. I had bought SAMSUNG plasma TV 43” model No PS43E40B1R from Samsung authorized dealer in Karachi ( Jaffar & Sons..."
- "My name is shamsuddin i traveled with family my wife shaista &my son M ukasha with saudi arabian airline 4th nov 2016 fl no sv112 london to jaddah my experience..."
- "Besssssssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttt Website ever!!!!!!! I love their collection and i have shopped from all departments. Be it clothing apparels, shirts, blouses, maxis, gowns, accessories, jewellery sets, necklaces, chokers, bracelets, hair decors, or..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "Just as others have stated, I should have read reviews first. I am so disappointed and frustrated with this joke of a company. However, I have filed a complaint with..."