Hepatitis A and severe jaundice thanks to Subways Hygene
I happen to be under the common impression that Subway is healthy and hygienic. I was frequently the boat basin outlet (Karachi, Pakistan) that is open 24/7 on a regular basis. One occasion the guy who was going to make my sandwich picked his nose in front of me. When I asked him to wash his hands, he apologized and did wash them. I let it slide. Then there was the insect killer that didnt really work and flies buzzed in the outlet. When on two occasions, I had to discard a drink and sub the flies sat on them, I decided to call the server and politely complained hoping it would be resolved. The owner happens to be Mr. Tariq Salim Karim who visits regularly, but takes no notice of the flies or the dirty washroom. He also owns another 12 outlets in Karachi, Pakistan and Im told he is a Development Agent for South Pakistan as well.
On my next visit nothing had changed, so I took snaps of the flies, dead and alive and emailed him complaining. The guy at the counter that day decided he needed to clip his nails, so I asked Tariq in the email to check the camera feed. As I was done uploading pics, a big cockroach happened to come of the kitchen. Two days later, I had Hepatitis A and severe jaundice and ended up in the Hospital for 2 weeks, and it was very painful.
Below is the email I sent to Mr. Tariq on March 31 to which he didnt even bother replying :
Could you kindly have a few more or bigger insect killers installed at your Subway Store Id : 39526. The constant buzzing flies destroy an otherwise great experience at the outlet. I have had to discard a drink one occasion and a 6 inch sub on another because the flies would contaminate the edibles. I lodged a complaint 3 days ago, on the suggestions card, and also notified one of your employees to request that you install more insect killers. The current one has only one functional tubelight. I'm attaching pics I just took so gives you an idea.
I just saw a Cockroach crawl out of your kitchen, will send you that pic too if I can now find the critter under my table. A little repulsed now.
Someone is clipping their nails behind the counter. I think you should have some of them go through a crash coarse in hygene. Have a look at your camera feed if you can at 7.41pm today.
P.S. Please have the person who cleans the washroom not handle food right after. I dont see them washing their hands after handling the mops.
I have a bad experience in Islamabad at Subway as well where one of the guys decided to blow his nose into a tissue, then wipe the tissue on the wash basin. A friend threatened to complain unless he washed the sink, and used disinfectant. I have a feeling they just hire anyone regardless of their hygiene habits. I for one no longer want to eat outside after this.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Fast Food
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought a 10 pc bucket of chicken from the KFC at 955 Saratoga Ave, San Jose on Sunday Feb. 1, 2015. The bucket contained 3 *** total. ..."
- "I quit eating at Subway years ago after trying three different locations in two states due to them cutting back on their meat. You now have to pay extra to..."
- "I saw the TV ads for Subway sandwich, drove out of my way to taste, for the first time. a "Foot Long". The store was busy, which I thought was..."
- "Went to KFC on 146 in baytown Texas tonight to get the 20.00 meal deal. Got 2 pints of potatoes .. my husband put potatoes on his plate , went..."
- "I ordered the "Meet your dream" Bouquet/Teddy bear/Chocolates combo from Phoolwala.com. They charged me an extra Rs.400 for delivery charges to that small town. I ordered this bouquet for a..."
- "We pay $102.49 a month for 1. Plain home phone service. It comes with extra *** which we don't use. We have an answering machine and not interested in 3-way..."
- "Besssssssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttt Website ever!!!!!!! I love their collection and i have shopped from all departments. Be it clothing apparels, shirts, blouses, maxis, gowns, accessories, jewellery sets, necklaces, chokers, bracelets, hair decors, or..."
- "My Paypal account has been limited and paypal does'nt allow to withdraw money in Qatar, more than 180 days have been passed but i cannot get my money Hello My..."
- "My name is shamsuddin i traveled with family my wife shaista &my son M ukasha with saudi arabian airline 4th nov 2016 fl no sv112 london to jaddah my experience..."