Hepatitis A and severe jaundice thanks to Subways Hygene

325 of 651 Subway reviews

I happen to be under the common impression that Subway is healthy and hygienic. I was frequently the boat basin outlet (Karachi, Pakistan) that is open 24/7 on a regular basis. One occasion the guy who was going to make my sandwich picked his nose in front of me. When I asked him to wash his hands, he apologized and did wash them. I let it slide. Then there was the insect killer that didnt really work and flies buzzed in the outlet. When on two occasions, I had to discard a drink and sub the flies sat on them, I decided to call the server and politely complained hoping it would be resolved. The owner happens to be Mr. Tariq Salim Karim who visits regularly, but takes no notice of the flies or the dirty washroom. He also owns another 12 outlets in Karachi, Pakistan and Im told he is a Development Agent for South Pakistan as well.

On my next visit nothing had changed, so I took snaps of the flies, dead and alive and emailed him complaining. The guy at the counter that day decided he needed to clip his nails, so I asked Tariq in the email to check the camera feed. As I was done uploading pics, a big cockroach happened to come of the kitchen. Two days later, I had Hepatitis A and severe jaundice and ended up in the Hospital for 2 weeks, and it was very painful.

Below is the email I sent to Mr. Tariq on March 31 to which he didnt even bother replying :

Mar 31

to tariqsalimkarim

Mr. Tariq,

Could you kindly have a few more or bigger insect killers installed at your Subway Store Id : 39526. The constant buzzing flies destroy an otherwise great experience at the outlet. I have had to discard a drink one occasion and a 6 inch sub on another because the flies would contaminate the edibles. I lodged a complaint 3 days ago, on the suggestions card, and also notified one of your employees to request that you install more insect killers. The current one has only one functional tubelight. I'm attaching pics I just took so gives you an idea.

I just saw a Cockroach crawl out of your kitchen, will send you that pic too if I can now find the critter under my table. A little repulsed now.

Someone is clipping their nails behind the counter. I think you should have some of them go through a crash coarse in hygene. Have a look at your camera feed if you can at 7.41pm today.

P.S. Please have the person who cleans the washroom not handle food right after. I dont see them washing their hands after handling the mops.

Best,

I have a bad experience in Islamabad at Subway as well where one of the guys decided to blow his nose into a tissue, then wipe the tissue on the wash basin. A friend threatened to complain unless he washed the sink, and used disinfectant. I have a feeling they just hire anyone regardless of their hygiene habits. I for one no longer want to eat outside after this.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Hygene
Review category
Fast Food
review #488468

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Subway? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 2 No 2
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
325 of 651 Subway reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
DonkeyTeeth

Oct 23, 2015 #1052526 Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States

Imagine that....anonymous! The odds of you finding 1 single live human in the U.S. that cares about the happenings in Pakistan! Or that will even completely read your complaint is like 999,000,000 to 1 (yup...thats millions,I counted)

1 0 Reply
KevinRichards

Jan 13, 2015 #930255 Orange, California, United States

Obviously you were fired and are trying to cause trouble. I seriously doubt you would let it stand if someone picked their nose and still made your food.

1 3 Reply

Nov 29, 2014 #907573

LOLZ @ comment below!

1 0 Reply

Nov 18, 2014 #902467

You're in Pakistan and complain about flies?

11 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.