Subway - SUBWAY HOT PASTRAMI

357 of 362 Subway Reviews
Feb 29, 2008
review #114314

Visited Subway today; ordered their new "special" sandwich Hot Pastrami.I had high hopes based on the commercial as it looked very appetizing and drew me to Subway.

I had a coupon. Note that the coupon could not be used for their "special" sandwich.

When I opened the wrapper I found a small bun, some what burned, compressed with the pastrami and mustard. I admit taste was there but meat was of poor quality, not cut thin enough, stringy, very chewy, and certainly not 1/2 pound of meat that they advertise.

Found the sandwich extremely lacking, would not recommend nor purchase again, might affect my visiting Subway ever again.

811f774
0.9
Had an experience with Subway?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
357 of 362 Subway Reviews
Disappointed

Dec 20, 2013

I tried the pastrami, it was awful, hardly any meat at all, like a thin layer, couldn't even taste, not going back.

4oz on 6in + 4oz on 6in = half

Jan 14, 2013 Columbus, Ohio

You are highly unintelligent if you are not realizing what they are saying.

4oz on 6in + 4oz on 6in = 8oz on 12in .... HALF A POUND on a FOOT LONG.

They don't advertise half a pound on a 6in sub. Who orders half a sub anyway? America is fat - we eat foot longs in one sitting. Am i right?

I'm tempted to go buy a pastrami sandwich right now from subway. All of these reviews seem to come from the very one-sided, very low IQ individuals.

BTW, the subway employee person is an obvious internet troll trying to get a rise out of you, they know the truth of what I said above, they are just making you have a few blood vessels burst over this. Haha, so congrats to them.

losing meat

Jan 08, 2013 Essex, Maryland

Correct 4 ounces is nowhere near 1/2 pound....duh!!! It's about 4 ounces shy...so yea that would make a difference in your sandwich...and it's not even on the website as a "special" sandwich.

subway employee

Jan 05, 2013 Taneytown, Maryland

to the person who complained about their pastrami sandwich not being enough meat I work at the subway in taneytown and I can personally speak and say that we weigh our meat at 4 ounces which is half a pound of meat. I don't know what subway you went to but our pastrami is made the way its supposed to and it is made from 100% beef.

Jan 05, 2013 Omaha, Nebraska

Ummmmmmm 4 ounces is NOT half a pound of meat...it's a quarter pound. I can see why Subway is struggling! :?

dee

Jan 09, 2013 Chandler, Arizona

HER IN THE US WHERE I WENT TO SCHOOL THERE ARE 16 OUNCES IN A LB, THUS 1/2 POUND OF MEAT WOULD BE 8 OUNCES. WHERE DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL? I GOT THE SANDWICH TO AND HAD TO REQUEST THEY HEAT THE MEAT. CAN'T IMAGINE A OLD PASTRAMI SANDWICH. THE SPECIAL MUSTARD WAS THEIR EVERYDAY MUSTARD AND WAS NASTY. NEVER GET THAT $8.00 SPECIAL HOT PASTRAMI AGAIN.

Hubby was grossed out

Sep 21, 2012 Los Angeles, California

My husband tried this sandwich today. He ate half and said he didn't want to eat the other half. I asked why and he showed me. It looked like raw bacon, was at least fifty percent "white colored fat stuff" as he put it, and he mentioned it tasted like hot dogs.
I am a big fan of pastrami sandwiches, but after seeing this and his reaction, I will make them from now on. I am wary of Subway now. That was the grossest sandwich I have ever seen. I tried tasting it myself and it didn't even taste like pastrami at all. It tasted more like plain old hot dogs or bologna.

fast food

Sep 03, 2012

idk why everyone seems to *** and moan about the quality. you pay for what you eat. if you want real meat go pay for real meat! subway is fast food not a gourmet *** restaurant. this is why working for subway irritates me, everyone thinks its high grade quality. what do you think burger king and mcdonalds meat is ?! get real.

Ouzo

Dec 29, 2013 Long Beach, California

Anyone can go to to a fast food restaurant ( especially Greek ) and get a very nice pastrami sandwich,fries and a drink for about $8.00. Please do not tell me that can't find good food in a fast food restaurant. It's subway that has the problem not fast food places.
Let's face it subway uses low grade ingredients so they can make more money.

banananana

Feb 04, 2012

subway totally sucks. Very low grade meats. I have given them more than one chance. Last one was steak & cheese. When I got it home I opened the wrapped and it smelled foul. I did taste it, but should not have, I spit it out in the sink and trashed the rest. As I said this is not the first bad sandwich but now I'm done. I'll never go there again. :roll :? :sigh

Herm

Jan 26, 2012

Gagging! I thought Pastrami was supposed to be made from beef, not pork. I can't stomach this, had to through it away after the first ***.

Chefhead

Jan 14, 2012

Have some nice soft frech rolls, fresh pastrami from the local deli, swiss cheese, good spicy mustard, and some crunchy dill pickles. After reading all your blogs, I think I'll make my own. :grin

Dar

Jan 18, 2013 Circleville, Ohio

If you live in southern Ohio, there's no place to get pastrami. After growing up in the Cleveland area and eating a lot of pastrami I was thrilled to see that Circleville got a pastrami sandwich at Subway. Tasted like cheap lunch meat from Save A Lot. What a disappointment. What a let down. Never again. Like the one said. Fast food.

Pekecrzy2

Jan 04, 2012

Absolutely terrible. Cold strinky and tons of fat. Cold meat on bread then toasted, meat like ice. Ate 1/2. Took rest home. 20 minutes after eating severe, I mean bend over can't walk cramps. R&R in the bathroom. Just a terrible situation. Other 1/2 goes back to the place. Subway your an e-coli accident waiting to happen.

I am Pastrami

Nov 21, 2011 Sceaux, Ile-De-France

This is pastrami speaking from Hot Pastrami Sandwitch from subway....

Please rename my name to StringRami, or ChewRami...

Probably SuckRami is the Best, need

decisions guys...

grammy

Nov 04, 2011

Worst pastrami sandwich I've ever had....meat was terrible....stringy and tough. Definitely not worth $9

Catskill_Cat

Aug 22, 2011

I think Subway's pastrami is very *very* good for what it is (i.e. fast food). The pastrami is juicy, well-seasoned, tender and very satisfying. I order toasted without any "vegetables" or cheese, and with mustard only. Outside of NYC you cannot get "real" pastrami -- it is too dry and salty - except that Subway's pastrami comes close.

Jeff Wesley

Jan 29, 2011

My wife and I went to Subway last night for supper. I wanted to try the Subway Hot Pastrami sandwich as advertised on TV. When I was checking out the “Pastrami” to order my sandwich, the meat didn’t look right. I asked if it was true pastrami. “Well, kinda”, the server replied, “The pastrami is made from pork products.” I said it should be made from beef, although it can be made from pork and lamb. Traditional pastrami is made from beef. The meat offered for the Hot Pastrami and the meat advertised didn’t look the same. I didn’t order it. It wasn’t even close to the TV ad. I was very disappointed! False advertising!

Showing 1-20 of 49 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Subway.
Filing a new complaint about
×