SUBWAY HOT PASTRAMI

471 of 476 Subway Reviews

Visited Subway today; ordered their new "special" sandwich Hot Pastrami.I had high hopes based on the commercial as it looked very appetizing and drew me to Subway.

I had a coupon. Note that the coupon could not be used for their "special" sandwich.

When I opened the wrapper I found a small bun, some what burned, compressed with the pastrami and mustard. I admit taste was there but meat was of poor quality, not cut thin enough, stringy, very chewy, and certainly not 1/2 pound of meat that they advertise.

Found the sandwich extremely lacking, would not recommend nor purchase again, might affect my visiting Subway ever again.

review #114314
96 27 Helpful?
Had the same issue11 Comments59
Had an experience with Subway?  Submit review about this company
471 of 476 Subway Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Anna

Dec 10, 2014 #913662 Coffeyville, Kansas

I thought it was delish! Will have again and recommend it too.

2 0 Reply
buster

Dec 09, 2014 #913566 Peru, New York

The pastrami sub sucks!Stringy,tough,terrible! Sent a email to Subway a month ago,haven't heard a thing.I still enjoy most of their products,but not that piece of ***!

Dec 03, 2014 #910295 Lynwood, California

Tasted like a hot dog, a really bad hot dog.

Nov 17, 2014 #901908 Smyrna, Georgia

im with you do not buy

1 0 Reply
Strung out

Nov 15, 2014 #900902 Wilmington, Delaware

Wilmington DE. - had the new pastrami sandwich. It sucked! The meat was full of actual string, fatty, and tasted like ***. Last time I go to a Subway. They have fallen from a decent fast food meal to a real joke!

JL

Nov 05, 2014 #895802

I jus got one, and it was awesome !!! Great tasting & Loaded with Meat....

1 1 Reply
Disappointed

Dec 20, 2013 #761670

I tried the pastrami, it was awful, hardly any meat at all, like a thin layer, couldn't even taste, not going back.

hackman

Aug 04, 2013 #693279 Lamar, Arkansas

bring it back to clarksville,ar. it was out befor it begain :upset :upset

4oz on 6in + 4oz on 6in = half

Jan 14, 2013 #593486 Columbus, Ohio

You are highly unintelligent if you are not realizing what they are saying.

4oz on 6in + 4oz on 6in = 8oz on 12in .... HALF A POUND on a FOOT LONG.

They don't advertise half a pound on a 6in sub. Who orders half a sub anyway? America is fat - we eat foot longs in one sitting. Am i right?

I'm tempted to go buy a pastrami sandwich right now from subway. All of these reviews seem to come from the very one-sided, very low IQ individuals.

BTW, the subway employee person is an obvious internet troll trying to get a rise out of you, they know the truth of what I said above, they are just making you have a few blood vessels burst over this. Haha, so congrats to them.

losing meat

Jan 08, 2013 #591064 Essex, Maryland

Correct 4 ounces is nowhere near 1/2 pound....duh!!! It's about 4 ounces shy...so yea that would make a difference in your sandwich...and it's not even on the website as a "special" sandwich.

subway employee

Jan 05, 2013 #589635 Taneytown, Maryland

to the person who complained about their pastrami sandwich not being enough meat I work at the subway in taneytown and I can personally speak and say that we weigh our meat at 4 ounces which is half a pound of meat. I don't know what subway you went to but our pastrami is made the way its supposed to and it is made from 100% beef.

Jan 05, 2013 #589646 Omaha, Nebraska

Ummmmmmm 4 ounces is NOT half a pound of meat...it's a quarter pound. I can see why Subway is struggling! :?

2 0 Reply
dee

Jan 09, 2013 #591635 Chandler, Arizona

HER IN THE US WHERE I WENT TO SCHOOL THERE ARE 16 OUNCES IN A LB, THUS 1/2 POUND OF MEAT WOULD BE 8 OUNCES. WHERE DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL? I GOT THE SANDWICH TO AND HAD TO REQUEST THEY HEAT THE MEAT. CAN'T IMAGINE A OLD PASTRAMI SANDWICH. THE SPECIAL MUSTARD WAS THEIR EVERYDAY MUSTARD AND WAS NASTY. NEVER GET THAT $8.00 SPECIAL HOT PASTRAMI AGAIN.

gshsjdbc

Nov 15, 2014 #900649

A half of a pound is 1 cup 8 oz not 4

Steve

Dec 06, 2014 #912108 Farmington, Connecticut

Yeah, 4 oz. 2 oz. meat, 2 oz. fat.

Subway SUcks

Apr 11 #970883 Alpine, California

8 0z is a half lb you *** guess you just made employee of the month or got fired after they read it

Hubby was grossed out

Sep 21, 2012 #544985 Los Angeles, California

My husband tried this sandwich today. He ate half and said he didn't want to eat the other half. I asked why and he showed me. It looked like raw bacon, was at least fifty percent "white colored fat stuff" as he put it, and he mentioned it tasted like hot dogs.
I am a big fan of pastrami sandwiches, but after seeing this and his reaction, I will make them from now on. I am wary of Subway now. That was the grossest sandwich I have ever seen. I tried tasting it myself and it didn't even taste like pastrami at all. It tasted more like plain old hot dogs or bologna.

fast food

Sep 03, 2012 #537610

idk why everyone seems to *** and moan about the quality. you pay for what you eat. if you want real meat go pay for real meat! subway is fast food not a gourmet *** restaurant. this is why working for subway irritates me, everyone thinks its high grade quality. what do you think burger king and mcdonalds meat is ?! get real.

Ouzo

Dec 29, 2013 #765450 Long Beach, California

Anyone can go to to a fast food restaurant ( especially Greek ) and get a very nice pastrami sandwich,fries and a drink for about $8.00. Please do not tell me that can't find good food in a fast food restaurant. It's subway that has the problem not fast food places.
Let's face it subway uses low grade ingredients so they can make more money.

1-20 of 59 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Subway.
Filing a new complaint about
×