Subway - Some Subways Just Aren't for People Wanting a Good Job

24 of 360 Subway Reviews
Jul 06
review #506927

I worked at a Subway in east TN for about 6 months tops.The main fault I was facing were the hours they gave me.

I understand I am about fifteen minutes away from the workplace, but they abused it to the point I had 2 hour shifts in one day. Who does that? I also mentioned to my manager that I had things to pay, car insurance, cell phone bill, etc. Being a minor, I am guessing she didn't take it to heart.

I found no change in my work schedule. One week I only worked for 2 hours. 2 hours the ENTIRE week! On a $7.25 pay, of course that wasn't cutting it.

I even found myself having to do the unthinkable-- asking my own parents for the money I needed. Everyone there is super friendly over all. No employee was ever rude and we always got along. The work schedules and the amount of people working there are just outrageous though.

I felt like I wasn't at a corporate sub shop, I felt like I worked in a business trying to get off its feet for the first time with financial issues. My boss's first mistake was hiring 3 new people after she hired a bigger team for the new store we moved into. This happened about 3 months after being there. The three extra people (part timers) were not needed and made a lot of the other employee's hours decrease to what I was speaking of just above all this.

I recently began a job a Kmart when things looked as if they weren't fixable.

I just don't want my other ex employees to face the same fate.(Which in fact some are).

7d6e367
3.4
Had an experience with Subway?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
24 of 360 Subway Reviews
CAPTCHA
Gene

Jul 13

Don't sweat it hun. The first comment sounded like they were expecting to stay at a minimum paying job forever. How could you expect them to understand how it feels only getting two hours a week? I couldn't even imagine that myself at what you all get paid. If you have a good set of shoulders to carry the *** people try to throw at you you will make it big time in life. Don't let a subway get your hopes down. After all. It's Subway. You're young. If you're warning others of your experiences they shouldn't give you *** for it. It's just simple advice. Strive big and get the *** out of there.

0 0 Reply
Gene

Jul 13

Don't sweat it hun. The first comment sounded like they were expecting to stay at a minimum paying job forever. If you have a good set of shoulders to carry the *** people try to throw at you you will make it big time in life. Don't let a subway get your hopes down. After all. It's Subway. You're young. If you're warning others of your experiences they shouldn't give you *** for it. It's just simple advice. Strive big and get the *** out of there.

0 0 Reply
HolyBreast

Jul 10 Atlanta, Georgia

Oh please. If you can't handle a job like Subway how to you expect to even make it through life? I've been with the same store for almost a decade now and still get treated like s**t. I've been harassing my manager for 3 weeks now I'm loooooong overdue for some new work shirts. She hasn't bought me any in 4 years I've been using Old Navy black polos until they doubled the prices from $7.50 to $15.50. I only have 1 polo left it's no longer black, more like a charcoal gray and it has a hole the size of a baseball on the right breast. (Don't ask me how that happened.) You can clearly see what color bra I'm wearing everyday. Knowing this the owner still won't buy me shirts and hey guess what? I couldn't care less. I noticed guys have been tipping me more especially whenever I wear a red bra lol. Oh and don't even get me started on the raises she gives. 1 girl hasn't had a raise in over 3 years. And it's her own sister-in-all.
*** your Subway sounds like paradise compared to the one I work at. Maybe I'll go and apply there lol

2 2 Reply
Commonsense

Jul 13

Oh god. Ten years. At least I'm getting a degree so I don't have to put up with any type of fast food anymore lol. The person who posted this has good points about pay. 2 hours a week is rediculous. Everything else is sort of shakey but could probably easily be reported.

1 0 Reply
HolyBreast

Jul 13 Atlanta, Georgia

Unfortunately I never had the privilege of getting any form of education growing up. So my plan is to slowly make my way up the Subway ladder until I can own my own store one day. I'm still young, only 24 years old. If I don't become a store manager by 28 gonna have to change life goals. Would sucks to lose 12 years of my life to that fricking job but if I had the proper education I never would have put up with it as long as I have. Kudos for you for getting your degree! :)
- - -
And about the working 2 hours a week, I can't believe that is even legal. There should be a law that requires a minimum of 18 hours to give each of your employees, no matter how slow business is.

1 0 Reply
Commonsense

Jul 14

Well I hope you get that position! And definitely. I don't understand why any corporation would do such a thing. A teen may be in school but they still strive and need to money to pay bills. It should be made a law. Luckily I think Kmart has a policy about their work schedules so that's good. I just mainly dislike how bad some corps treat their workers. It can happen anywhere. You two subbers just keep your heads up!

1 0

×
You were reading a complaint about Subway.
Filing a new complaint about
×