Some Subways Just Aren't for People Wanting a Good Job
I worked at a Subway in east TN for about 6 months tops.The main fault I was facing were the hours they gave me.
I understand I am about fifteen minutes away from the workplace, but they abused it to the point I had 2 hour shifts in one day. Who does that? I also mentioned to my manager that I had things to pay, car insurance, cell phone bill, etc. Being a minor, I am guessing she didn't take it to heart.
I found no change in my work schedule. One week I only worked for 2 hours. 2 hours the ENTIRE week! On a $7.25 pay, of course that wasn't cutting it.
I even found myself having to do the unthinkable-- asking my own parents for the money I needed. Everyone there is super friendly over all. No employee was ever rude and we always got along. The work schedules and the amount of people working there are just outrageous though.
I felt like I wasn't at a corporate sub shop, I felt like I worked in a business trying to get off its feet for the first time with financial issues. My boss's first mistake was hiring 3 new people after she hired a bigger team for the new store we moved into. This happened about 3 months after being there. The three extra people (part timers) were not needed and made a lot of the other employee's hours decrease to what I was speaking of just above all this.
I recently began a job a Kmart when things looked as if they weren't fixable.
I just don't want my other ex employees to face the same fate.(Which in fact some are).review #506927
You may also like
- "I had 750+ articles uploaded on Bubblews web page since May this year when I have joined. All I was doing the whole that time was posting fairly good articles and..."
- "It's now mid June 2015. As a current employee they have changed the selling game to benefit most of the DMs and the corporate owners. Understand that this is a..."
- "I saw the TV ads for Subway sandwich, drove out of my way to taste, for the first time. a "Foot Long". The store was busy, which I thought was..."
- "I have pictures of dressing room floor which I tried to put on your FB. The floor was nasty while 5 employees in the dress area talking, laughing and even..."
- "we bought a sofa from Conn's a year a go we complain about it not being comfy, they replaced cushions steel didn't help. now customers service hangs up and..."
- "Vernetta and Geary Cockrum of Show-Me Puppies sold us several dogs that are vet. documented as being severely sick. 1. Female diagnosed with distemper, seizures 2. Female diagnosed with pyometra, knee problems 3...."
- "The PU Housetraining Wrapper Belly-Bands are not to be confused as simply an "ace bandage". Yes, they do resemble and ace bandage, but the similarity ends there. The..."
- "It was my first time at Jiffy Lube. I was asked if I wanted good, better or best oil. I took good, how wold I know that they..."
- "This can only happen to me, sitting in my car after the gym, door lock is busted and completely upside down, apartment "emergency on call maintenance" was so inconvenienced by..."