Some Subways Just Aren't for People Wanting a Good Job
I worked at a Subway in east TN for about 6 months tops.The main fault I was facing were the hours they gave me.
I understand I am about fifteen minutes away from the workplace, but they abused it to the point I had 2 hour shifts in one day. Who does that? I also mentioned to my manager that I had things to pay, car insurance, cell phone bill, etc. Being a minor, I am guessing she didn't take it to heart.
I found no change in my work schedule. One week I only worked for 2 hours. 2 hours the ENTIRE week! On a $7.25 pay, of course that wasn't cutting it.
I even found myself having to do the unthinkable-- asking my own parents for the money I needed. Everyone there is super friendly over all. No employee was ever rude and we always got along. The work schedules and the amount of people working there are just outrageous though.
I felt like I wasn't at a corporate sub shop, I felt like I worked in a business trying to get off its feet for the first time with financial issues. My boss's first mistake was hiring 3 new people after she hired a bigger team for the new store we moved into. This happened about 3 months after being there. The three extra people (part timers) were not needed and made a lot of the other employee's hours decrease to what I was speaking of just above all this.
I recently began a job a Kmart when things looked as if they weren't fixable.
I just don't want my other ex employees to face the same fate.(Which in fact some are).review #506927
You may also like
- "I worked for renter perks for 5 months during this time I realized the company was ripping off small businesses and firing employees and not paying them the money they..."
- "This is the first and so far only Subway I've been to that cuts the already cut vegetables before putting them on your sandwich. I was floored! Times are hard..."
- "My all posts Followed the rules and I was actively flagging plagiarized content on bubblews. instead of paying they deleted the account. redemptions are as follows - 58.47 $ on 15/08/14* 310..."
- "I have pictures of dressing room floor which I tried to put on your FB. The floor was nasty while 5 employees in the dress area talking, laughing and even..."
- "In October of 2011 we rented ("to own") a washer/dryer combo from Rent-A-Center. We chose a rent to own company over leasing through the apartment complex because we wanted a..."
- "Vernetta and Geary Cockrum of Show-Me Puppies sold us several dogs that are vet. documented as being severely sick. 1. Female diagnosed with distemper, seizures 2. Female diagnosed with pyometra, knee problems 3...."
- "I decided to sell a brand new Louis Vuitton bag with original receipt (originally priced at $2800) to Hollywood Glam Consignment, which is a consignment store I found on instagram..."
- "I started with Hair Club on November 1st 2014 and I was so excited and here it is 7 months later and I am so disappointed I'm unhappy, frustrated..."
- "as I was using this flashlight the small bulb inside came loose I had this flashlight approximately 4 to 5 months I returned to Menard's in Bismarck, North Dakota store..."